Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Antelope Island

Last Sunday it was our Stake Conference. It was from 3-5 in Ogden in the tabernacle. Yeah, dinner time with 2 kids on hard benches for 2 HOURS?? NO THANKS! I know that's terrible, but anyway we played hookie and went to Antelope Island for the day instead. It was so much fun! We started off by having lunch at a little picnic area near the beach. Then we walked out to the lake, and Abby and I played for a little bit in the water. We then drove to the visitor center and other side of the island to check out the animals and the ranch. It was a long day, but supper fun! I had only been out to the island once before and I had NEVER touched the Great Salt Lake. Here are some pics:

Abby had a BLAST in the sand. Next time we go I'll take some of her sand box toys with us!


Walking out to the lake. On the way back there was quite the hill, Brian had already taken Carson back to the car, so Abby and I were on our own. The sand made it really hard for Abby's little legs. She said as we were about half way back, "mommy, my leg owy." I asked her where, thinking she got bit by a bug or something. Her reply as she pointed to each thigh was, "right there and there." The poor kid was TIRED!! So luck me, I got to carry her the rest of the way.


Brian and Abby headed out to the lake.


The bugs by the lake were TERRIBLE! In this picture ALL of the little black spots are BUGS!!! It was like that over the WHOLE shore. It was funny Brian was holding Caron while Abby and I played in the water and he was walking back and forth along the shore line. As he did the bugs would fly out of his way. He said, "this makes me feel really powerful." It was CRAZY how many there were!


Abby and me headed out into the water. I had just shaved my legs that morning and OUCH! all that salt hurt!!


Playing in the water. Abby wanted to go WAY out and swim, but I told her the water was salty and yucky. She didn't believe me so I told her to put her hands in the water and then lick them. I wish this picture showed her face..it was the best face ever! :) I know I'm a GREAT mom. :)

1 comment:

Rasmussen Family said...

You little sinner!!! That sounds like a blast. I have never been out there before, sounds like i'll have to go. Hey guess what i'm in your sister's ward. Small world huh. We need to get together soon.