7 years ago
Saturday, August 18, 2012
Aaaannnnddd.....we're back.
Oh! My! Gosh! I know that's what we are all thinking. I'm going to give this blog another shot. Brian and I were talking the other night about how fast our kids are growing up and how we feel like we won't forget anything they say or do in the moment, yet looking back it's so hard to remember all of their "ism's." Thus the reason for my goal of trying to revive the dead blog!
I'm not even sure where to start...too much to try to catch up on. So here's what's been going on recently:
Abby started 1st grade. I have very mixed emotions about this; she was so ready to start (and was driving me CRAZY during the summer), but I miss her like crazy! The other day I was making lunch and got out 3 plates by accident and LOST it! She has only been in for a week now, so I know this is just an adjustment period. She is having a little bit of a hard time as well. She comes home hungry and tired. Neither of us are used to the long days. She was put into a new class that they had to create becasue the 1st grade class numbers were outragious. They have 183 1st graders at Foxboro! So they created this new class last minute. I was really excited at first. She only has 17 kids in her class, but her teacher is GREEN! This is her first year teaching, and while I understand that teachers have to learn the art of teaching in the classroom, so far, I am NOT impressed. We just had back to school night a few days ago and her teacher was totally unprepaired. She only explained a few points, and left me feeling very unsettled. Brian called the principle yesterday and left a message for him. We will have to see what comes of it. I just want to know what is going on day by day and see when I can come in and help out. I trust that she can teach, I just don't trust that she can keep Brian and me involved, which is crutial to how Abby will do in school.
Abby also got her ears peirced last week. She has been asking to get them done, so I thought when she got into 1st grade would be a perfect time. She chose the cutest little pink glittery hearts (they are so Abby.) She LOVES them, and so far, no problems.
Carson is signed up for Mrs. Cynthia's preschool (the same one Abby went to when she was 4.) He doesn't start until after Labor day. He is really excited about getting back into school. I'm not sure how well he understands that he won't be going to the same preschool he went to last year, but he's still excited. He loves walking Abby up to the bus stop every morning. I just stand on the porch and watch them walk up together and then wait for him to come running back to tell me that Abby got on the bus and is safe. He really does love is big sister; he's been missing her so much now that she is gone all day. But it's been so fun to have time with him.
We are still working on getting the stinker potty trained. It will be a wonderful day when he is fully trained! He does pretty good most of the time. He has an occasional #1 accident, but #2 is KILLING us! He has successfully ruined ALL of his underware that we've bought him. I sutter to even recall the 'accidents' they truly are that bad! But he wants to learn to do it so badly, so we'll just keep pluggen' away.
Kayleigh, who? you say... yes, Kayleigh our 8 1/2 month old. This is the first time she has been mentioned on this blog (sad, pathetic, slacking....call it what you may...I'll take it.) Kayleigh came into our family last December 3rd, and she has been so much fun. We all love catering to her and watching her reach her milestones. Kayleigh is going to be the last of the Pack rugrats. Brian and I debated for a long time on weither or not to have another one. We are so glad we decided to have her. Kayleigh has such a cute little personality. Latley she has been playing a game of 'ppppplllll'ing with Brian. Everytime he walks into the room she starts spitting. It's pretty funny. She'll do it occasionally with me, Abby, or Carson, but it is literally EVERY TIME Brian walks into the room. It's their game. She has had a cold for a few days now and has had some rough nights, but she has been a trooper. She is such a good baby and just rolls with what's going on. With 2 older siblings, she kindof has to though.
Brian and I are still pretty much the same, just older and possibly a bit more boring. I started running a few months ago and caused a stress fracture in my right shin, so now I'm sporting a very fashionable walking boot for the next 3 ish weeks. I say 'ish' because I'm not sure I can make it that long.
Brian is still at L-3 and is working as an LTE (lead test engineer.) He is likeing it, but is super busy. He started his MBA at Westminister last fall and is just getting ready to go back in a week. I have to keep reminding myself that it's a means to and end when he is gone 12+ hours some days.
Well, I think this is all for now. It feels good to be 'back.' I'll be updating pictures soon. Gotta get little Kayleigh Roo's face on here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OH MY GOODNESS! YOU ARE ALIVE
!! Congrats on the baby! Um, maybe I would have said it 8 1/2 months ago had I known! Please do try to keep up with the blog. I've missed being able to read all about your life. Yay for a blog post! :) P.S. Stewart called, he wants his pants back. Maybe we could have Kahlil take them to him. Oh how I've missed you!
woww congrats!
https://www.cekaja.com/info/cara-cek-nomor-npwp-terlengkap
Post a Comment