So this past weekend we went with my side of the family to Island Park and Yellowstone. My mom, dad, sister, and 3 nieces had
never been to Yellowstone (I know...sad huh?) Well, we went and had a
great time! We stayed in the same cabin that we did with Brian's side of the family back in October; it's such a cozy comfortable place. We left on Friday morning getting to Island Park about 3. On Saturday we got up and headed for Yellowstone. We visited Norris, Mammoth, Gibbon Falls, and a few others on the Northwest side of the park. We arrived home, ate, and went to bed. On Sunday we drove across the park over to Canyons and drove clear down the Southeast side of the park. Again we got home I made dinner this night (sorry again guys!!) it was TERRIBLE! My rice didn't cook but everyone ate it telling me it was good... :) On Monday we packed up and left the cabin (and Brian's iPod touch too, I sure hope the cleaning crew finds it!!) and headed into West Yellowstone. We stopped and shopped for about 45 mins then went into the park. We stopped at Firehole Falls then headed straight for Old Faithful. We arrived at the perfect time; about 20 mins to eruption. We left after the eruption and headed south out of the park into the Tetons. We stopped at Flagg Ranch Village and ate I do NOT recommend it!! We had to wait forever that was
after our server basically jumped down my throat for ordering off the children's menu. Seriously it was
so uncomfortable!! Anyway we then headed down to Jackson where we stopped for a quick ice cream cone before starting the long drive home.
Overall it was a great trip and we had such a fun time!! Thanks again Mom and Dad! We love you guys!
Here are some pictures (the first 3 are courtesy of my dad):













3 comments:
I love that you still take family trips with everyone. We never to that! Looks like you have fun.
Looks like fun! my fam did that last summer. We just got back from Powell. Happy Birthday by the way! I hope you had a wonderful day! You are an awesome friend. I am so thankful for your friendship. You were a huge blessing in my life when I moved to Heber and continue to be today. Thanks for all the wonderful memories, Baby Goat!
Thanks Ren, and your dinner was not bad at all, we really injoyed it!!! it was truly soo much fun, and Dad and I had fun with Hadley and Abby early in the morning while the rest of the crew slept. thank you Rod and Patrice for finding this cabin and Ren and Brian for being such good sports to go back again in Spring after just being there in the fall. you 2were really great tour gides. and no family fights!!!! good for us, dad and i now think we could maybe do this again sometime... how does Hawaii sound, when Carson is 5-6ish? you pay for flights we take care of housing again...keep that in mind.
love you
Gaga
Post a Comment