Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Cruise Day 5 and 6

Day 5:
On Wednesday we docked at Tortola, British Virgin Islands. We headed upstairs to grab some breakfast and ran into Ted and Beth. We all ate together and discussed what we wanted to do that day. Brian really wanted to check into renting scooters. We got off the ship and headed to find some. We found them and they were pretty cheep for the whole day!! The guy that rented them to us was a really nice and funny guy. He kept teasing the Brian and Ted that they'd better not let us women drive. He gave us a map and told us the best places to stop. We got to wear the coolest helmets ever! We headed off to explore the island.

I think the guys were in testosterone heaven. It was a ton of fun; the drive was beautiful and it was really easy to navigate. I only had to remind Brian once or twice to stay on the LEFT hand side of the road. We stopped at a beautiful beach, a rum distillery, the highest point in the Virgin Islands, and a couple other little places. When we had reached the point where we were supposed to turn and complete our circle and head back we still had time to kill, so we decided to venture off to the Eastern side of the island. It was so much fun being able to make the choice of when and where to stop. We often got glances from people on the taxis. We even chatted with some people at he distillery and they were shocked at how inexpensive the scooters were.

Later when we got back to the ship we cleaned up, had dinner, and headed off to the show. This night they had another comedy show with a group called Sharkbait. They were two guys that juggled and did many other things. And they were by far my favorite act! Here are some pictures from Tortola:

This was one of the taxis. I had to take a picture for Abby. It's painted in a Little Mermaid theme.


Brian ready to go:


Beth and Ted on their scooter:


This was the most beautiful beach ever!This picture doesn't do it justice.


I pulled a 'Brian' in this picture. His eyes are normally the ones that are closed.


This is the rum distillery; it stunk so bad inside!


More rum distillery. They said this building was 500 years old:


Beautiful huh?!


Brian and me on our scooter...I know you're so jealous of the helmets. :)


Brian, Me, Beth (she's tinny!), and Ted at the highest point in the VI.


Our cruise ship from the highest point in the VI:


Brian and me at the show that night:


Our towel animal that night...we couldn't decide what it really was. I thought a seal. What do you think?


On day 6 we had another day at sea. Brian and I just hung out. I went up to the sundeck for a while to do some more studying and preparing for a play that I'm interpreting on Saturday. I headed back down to the room after baking in the sun for a good 2 hours. Brian had already eaten lunch so I went up to grab a bite. On the way back to our room after lunch I noticed a bunch of people heading to the theater so I went to check it out. It was a crew talent show, most of it was ok but there was one act that made me laugh so hard. I can't get the video to upload, but basically it was all our cruise directors (those incharge of the enterainment) dressed in togas (bed sheets) and carrying pitchers of water. They would take a drink and spit the water back out at each other in different ways.

After the show I went back to the room and took a little nap. When I woke up Brian was there; we got ready for dinner. We went with Ted and Beth to Mambos, a Mexican resteraunt, that night. Then we went to the Chocoholic Buffet. They turned the buffet upstairs into everything chocolate! After that we headed to the show. It was the dance company again. They did a Garden of the Geisha show that night. After Brian and I headed up on deck to have our hot chocolate and wander.

Brian and me at the Chocoholic Buffet:


Beth and Ted at the Chocoholic Buffet:

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I bet you LOVED that chocolate buffet :)

Erinn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

why didn't you steal the helments, like you did the menu's in mexico, i sure could have used such a cute look! love them :)

Crazy Clarks said...

I am so excited for you guys! How fun for you both! I was mentally there with you the whole time. Glad you got to experience that amazing time. Grandma would be soo proud. Love you both. I for sure want a helmet liket that!!