Thursday, November 12, 2009

Cruise Day 7 and 8

Sorry, life got a little busy the past week. Here is the final cruise post:

On day 7 we reached out final port, Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas. This is Norwegian's private island. We again tendered in, but this time the tenders were much bigger and open. We met up with Ted and Beth at breakfast then headed over to the island. It was the most beautiful white sand beach I have ever seen. We grabbed some chairs, and got some life vests (required to do any snorkeling here.) Brian, Ted and I headed out to do some snorkeling. After that we sat on the beach for a while reading/studying. For lunch we headed over to the BBQ put on by the cruise ship staff. After eating, we went back over and hung out on the beach a little more; after all we had to wait an hour to get in the water. :) Beth sneaked off to the little island market and bought me a bracelet similar to one I'd been looking at in Samana, but didn't want to pay $30 for. I'm telling ya...these guys were the greatest!! Brian, Ted and I headed back out to do some more snorkeling. This time we headed out past our little cove. Brian got caught in some seaweed and touched something a little jelly like. We both think it was probably the top of a small jelly fish. While out in "open water" the wind started to pick up and thus the waves. I began to get a little freaked out. I told the guys I wanted to head back in. While heading back a guy tapped me on the shoulder and said "look," (pointing just past me) "a Barracuda." I put my mask back on and checked him out. Yeah, seeing a Barracuda do not make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. THEY. ARE. CREEPY. After looking at him for a while I decided I'd drank enough salt water for one day and with the waves getting worse my energy was running out fast! When I got back into the little cove I took my time getting back to shore. I had stopped to take a break (my goggles would not stop fogging up--and I did spit in them!!) While standing there a woman shouted at me not to move. Yeah, I'm standing in the ocean, water up to my neck and she tells me "not to move!" Can you guess how fast my heart was racing. She said there is a Stingray right next to you. From what I know of Stingrays they aren't normally dangerous, but I know that's what killed Steve Irwin so I was a little freaked! I quickly put my goggles back on and checked it out for myself. When I looked down it was about 5 feet from me. I backed away, but still followed it around for a while (at a safe distance.) When we all finished snorkeling we caught a tender back to the ship. Cleaned up for dinner. Brian had made reservations for dinner at Cagney's Stake house. YUMMY!! Ted and Beth had tried it a few nights before, so they didn't come with us. But we did meet up with them for the show that night. Afterwards Brian wasn't feeling so well so he headed back to our cabin. Ted, Beth and I went upstairs to the "Spinnaker Lounge" for another show. Here are the pictures from day 7:

Our ship:


Us on the beach:


Out between those rocks is where we snorkeled:


The last sunset of our cruise:


Us at Cagney's, the green bracelet is the one Beth bought me:


On Day 8 we arrived in Miami before we even woke up. We met Ted and Beth for breakfast in the Summer Palace. We took our time eating. While we ate we talked and decided to ride together to the airport. We get talking about our flights and found out that we were on the same flight to Cincinnati. We headed back to our rooms got our bags and met back up on the deck for disembarktion. We grabbed a cab, got to the airport with plenty of time. We hung out in the airport for about 2 hours then boreded the plane. Once in Cincinnati we quickly exchanged info and hugs with the Cochrans. They headed off to catch their connecting flight and so did we. We had about an hour layover, so not wanting to repeat the error of the trip to Miami we checked where our terminal was the explored the airport a bit. On the plane we watched Ice Age, slept, had some drinks and cookies, and at about 7:00 we looked out the window to see Logan benith us. We both were ready to get home and see out kids. We finally arrived home at about 8:00 on Halloween. It was so good to be home, but I wouldn't trade that trip for anything! It was FANTASTIC!! Here are a few pictures from the last day:

Logan out my window:


We were getting really bored:

2 comments:

Burlene said...

You deserved this great vacation! Glad you enjoyed it. Perhaps when I grow up I'll be able to take a great cruise too! :o}

Anonymous said...

Brian, you look a little like those "DRINKS" truly were drinks, not just a soda pop:) did you want Patrice and myself to now do a day by day about the children???
love you