We had a wonderful Easter. We played with cousins and on Easter morning we awoke to find that the Easter Bunny had visited us!! Abby got a fun pool blow-up toy, and the movie Disney Princesses Enchanted!! Ever since we saw them on ice she tell us that she "watched it." Now she watches this movie at least once a day (somedays it's just easier to give in!) The other day I was in need of a break and decided to give Abby a little snack while she watched this movie. I came back in a few minutes later to check on her and this is what I found...
Since Easter we've just sort of hung out! Last week we started off a little oddly. We woke to hear a strange scratching sound coming from our basement. Brian went down to check it out. A short while later I heard "Erinn, come here!!" I ran downstairs, Abby in my arms (yeah I was tied afterward.) Brian was in our laundry room staring at the dryer. A BIRD had flown into our vent from outside and was down in the silver tubby thing that is contected to the dryer! The poor thing was trying to climb back up and out of the tube, but wasn't having much success! Well, we had the great idea to pull the tube out of the dryer allowing the bird to fly freely in our laundry room. Then we thought we'd use Brian's fishing net to catch it! Neither of us thought to open a window! DUH!!! Well, I sent Abby out to sit on the stairs for a minute then while Brian moved the dryer I held the net. You can imagine the chaos that followed! Brian eventually took the net from me and caught the bird. He then ran up the stairs, followed by me (again with Abby in my arms) and outside! He let the bird go free. And I am happy to say that NOTHING in my house got covered in bird poop!! :)
3 comments:
sounds like fun! I love those moments that we can still find the camera to capture them. Too often, I always miss them.
HAHA...awesome! No bird poop sounds like a victory to me! That was definitely an exciting event.
Man Abbs sure knows how to take it easy! Okay, it was good news about the bird because I totally thought it was going to end with your basement flooding!
Post a Comment