Thursday, January 22, 2009

First Time Sewing

Ok, so I got my first sewing machine a month ago, and have wanted to find projects but have been too intimidated to make much. I thought it would be fun to teach my Activity Day girls a little about sewing...even though my knowledge is LIMITED! I came across this wonderful blog that gave me step by step directions on making scripture totes. YAY for blogland!! :) Anyway, today I decided to give it a try and it turned out GREAT!! Check it out!



I also found some fabric at Hobby Lobby that was PERFECT for a sun dress for Abby. I just sewed it up, added ribbion to the bottom, and to the top for the straps and WALLA... cute huh? She's not to happy because she just woke up and I made her put the dress on before she had her fruit snacks (I'm such a mean mom!)

4 comments:

Shawna said...

The dress is really cute! I love the scripture totes too, what a great idea! You'll have to come teach me! All I know how to do are the rag quilt blankets. :-) Love all the pics of your cute kiddos.

Alisha said...

So cute! Way to go! I have a sewing machine, but um...can't even sew a straight line.

Tara said...

Way to go Erinn!! Look at you teaching yourself to sew! The bag and dress are super cute!!

Mical said...

Wow! You would never know that you just started sewing! Nice job.