Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Road Rash

Those who knew me when I was a kid know that I was the Queen of "Road Rash." I was always falling and scrapping my knees and hands. Well, it is now my honor to pass this title on. Abby has entered the "Road Rash" stage and is quickly becoming the Queen. Last week we were at our ward's primary water activity and Abby fell down. While the scrap was not that bad, in Abby's eyes it was the most traumatic thing that has ever happened. I'm always telling Abby, "if there's not any blood than it's a little ouchy." Well, this time there WAS blood. Once she saw that, there was NO getting the control back. She went BALLISTIC!! The poor kid still tells me that it hurts (5 days later.)

Cleaning her knee off.


She was throwing such a fit that Brian HAD to get the camera, and I couldn't help but laugh. I know I'm a great mother! :)


Check out those crocodile tears.

3 comments:

Rasmussen Family said...

You're such a mean mommy! I totally would have done the same thing. Hey laugh or cry right, laughing is much better. Yeah funny that your sis and I are in the same ward. We will really have to get together soon. I am good weekends, and you?

Emilie said...

I know how that feels, trying not to laugh. I had a HARD time not laughing at some of my preschoolers when they would fall and get a tiny scratch and throw the biggest fit in the world. It was just so cute!

Anonymous said...

YOU JUST PICK HER UP AND KISS HER IF THAT HAPPENS AGAIN, THATS WHAT I DID WITH YOU!!! GOOD THING YOU DIDN'T HAVE A MEAN MOM:) GIVE THEM BOTH A KISS FROM ME, AND TELL THEM THAT I LOVE THEM.
Gaga