After Wall-E on Friday Brian and I decided that this weekend was a great time to start potty training Abby. Things have gone fairly well...we've been able to keep the pantie usage to a min.
It was great to have Brian there to help when I became frustrated. He is so much more patient with her than I am.
Well, this morning Brian went back to work and things turned ugly!! Abby woke up at 6 (normally 7) and after a lousy night sleep with Carson I was in NO mood to be up for the day at 6am!! Reluctantly I got out of bed and got her some breakfast. Then it was time for Carson to eat again, so I put a cartoon on for Abby, nursed Carson, changed his bum, got him dressed and ready for the day then turned my attention to breakfast for me. I ate, felt much better, and then got Abby ready for another day of potty training (which consists of taking the pull-up off and putting panties on, changing from pj's to a shirt, and just combing through her tangled hair.) Within the first 10 mins Abby had wet her panties; so we went through our whole routine talking about why it's a "no, no," practicing while still in the wet panties, changing into new clean panties, washing our hands, and again talking about why it's important to keep our panties dry. After all of that (a good 15-20 min routine) about half an hour and she wet herself again. This happened 6 times before noon, and with reminders from me about every 15 mins!!
So my purpose in posting this sob story is to get some expert advice from those of you that have gone through potty training already. Am I doing something wrong? How long did it take to potty train your kids? I get so mad (I try not to show it, but I'm sure it comes across) and I feel like the poor little things spirit is getting crushed every time we have to practice after she's had an accident. PLEASE fellow mommies out there, help me!!
7 years ago
3 comments:
Erinn, try cutting back on drinks and set a timer for like every 5 to 10 mins. Have her go potty when the timer goes off. It took Kairi a little while to really get the hang of it. Good luck!!
My daughter is still not potty trained and she will be three next month. She has no interest. I started doing the same thing that you did and just figured out that she was not ready. She didn't understand when she needed to go; only after. So I was told to back off until she was ready. I had very little patience with her as well! Maybe a mom thing! However, that doesn't help the situation. So I am waiting a little longer until I can sense that she is ready. Frustrating though....I agree!
Hows the potty training going?
Post a Comment